Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers Photography Getaway
I covered 'Why Toowoomba' in the previous post. This time I'll share 'Why Me". Or the lengthier version of, Why would anyone want to go on a Photography Holiday with Deborah Dorman?'
1. I love sharing photography knowledge with others and seeing their 'aha' moments as they learn knew skills.
2. I'm a qualified photographer AND a qualified trainer. (Dip of Photography, Cert IV in Training and Assessment) and I'm passionate about both. There's an art to photography and there's a skill to teaching. A great photographer does not automatically make a great teacher of photography.
3. I've taught photography at the esteemed RMIT University for the last 7 years (and continue to do so).
4. I especially love gardens and nature and flower photography.
5. I know how to teach photography at any level. I'm great with beginners and explaining things in simple, non-techy language.
6. You can talk about photography until the cows come home but you really need to get out and do it. There's no better way to learn than out in the field (with or without the cows!). And with a qualified photographer on hand to answer all your questions.
7. I've planned a great itinerary with plenty of action, enough 'down time' to chill out, the best locations and the best time of day to be there. I've chosen a range of activities to challenge and stimulate you photographically. There is flexibility in the schedule to opt out if you want to skip an activity and do your own thing. There is opportunity for feedback and I'll be there every step of the way to answer questions and give tips.
8. I'm friendly and fun and occasionally funny. I love photography and it's a never ending journey of discovery. I'd love to share that journey with you.
9. Don't take my word for it. Here's a couple of testimonials from others.
"Deb is inspirational and full of enthusiasm for her craft. A talented photographer and a gracious teacher" Sherlaine Charisiou
"Thanks Debs. I loved learning with you! Lots of knowledge, experience and a relaxed environment gave me the perfect platform to really develop.
If you are looking to improve your skills you should definitely get in touch with Deb!" Paul Johnstone